The RODE NT2A is a professional large capsule (1”) condenser studio microphone with variable pick-up pattern, variable high pass filter and variable pad. These features provide greater creative control and versatility. Three 3-position switches located on the mic body provide the freedom to step from Figure 8, Cardioid or Omni polar pick-up patterns; from a flat response to either 80 Hz or 40 Hz high-pass filter and a Pad adjustment of 0 dB, -5 dB or -10 dB attenuation. The heart of the NT2-A is the Australian designed and manufactured TYPE HF1 dual diaphragm capsule. The frequency and transient response of this new transducer has been voiced to complement today’s modern recording techniques, and yet still evoke the silky smooth character of the legendary microphones of the 50’s and 60’s. The NT2-A includes a soft pouch and clip.
- Australian designed and manufactured HF1 1” edge terminated, gold sputtered, dual 5 um diaphragm capsule.
- 3-position variable polar pattern: Omni, Cardioid & Figure 8; all controlled on the mic.
- 3-position variable high-pass filter: Flat, 80 Hz or 40 Hz.
- 3-position variable pad: 0 dB, -5 dB or -10 dB.
- Ultra low noise, transformerless SMT circuitry.
- Wide dynamic range.
- High strength heat-treated steel mesh head.
- Durable satin nickel finish.
- Internal capsule shock mounting.
- Supplied complete with soft pouch and clip.
- Designed and manufactured in Sydney, Australia.
- Acoustic principle: Externally polarized 25 mm (1”) dual diaphragm.
- Directional pattern: Multi-pattern
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 000 Hz
- Polar patterns: Omni, Cardioid & Figure 8
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Signal/Noise ratio DIN/IEC 651: 87 dB (1 kHz rel 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Equivalent noise: 7 dBA SPL (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum SPL: 147 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 k?); 157 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 k?) - pad at maximum
- Sensitivity at 1 khz into 1 k?: -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal; (16 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/-2 dB
- Maximum output voltage: +16 dBu (@ 1% THD into 1 k?)
- Dynamic range of the mic. amplifier DIN/IEC 651: 140 dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Power (Supply voltage): 48 Volts (P48)
- Output Connection: 3 pin XLR, balanced output between pin 2(+) and pin 3(-). Pin 1 ground