From cleans with an attitude and warm bluesy tones to a crunch with grit for days and fully saturated lead sounds full of harmonics and overtones, it’s all here in spades and instantly available by riding your guitar’s volume knob. Dark Matter distortion is built from the highest-grade components, features an easy-access battery hatch and has a conveniently small footprint.
Dark Matter Distortion defines instant gratification and will become the go-to pedal on your board for distortion. Initially, you simply plug it in and start rocking, but its many great sounds will have you playing with it for years to come. From bluesy crunch to full-on vintage cranked, but always very musical distortion sounds, this pedal was designed for the guitarists that like things a bit (or very) dirty. Featuring an all-analog circuit, dual-band tone controls, level and drive knobs and a voicing switch to tweak the bass response, you are set from creamy leads over riff-heavy stadium rock to modern, angst-ridden grunge.
By ramping up the voltage to more than 3-4 times the amount of your typical drive pedals, we achieved a dramatic increase in terms of headroom and dynamics, giving you a pedal with a range of sounds matched by none out there. There is plenty of gain to suit any kind of musical style, but the sound always stays very open and clear and it will never get muddy or cover up your playing.
Instead, Dark Matter Distortion has a very open character, no matter if you use it as a slight ‘AC/DC-ish’ crunch or as a full-blown, fire-breathing dragon, this pedal will always let your playing shine through. All Dark Matter Distortion will do to your sound is add degrees of distortion and leave your precious tone alone.
- True Bypass - zero loss of tone
- Gain, Level, Bass and Treble controls - total control of your distortion sounds
- Voicing switch - for an awesome shift in bass response
- Easy battery access - makes changing batteries fun! (well, almost)
- Small footprint - save precious pedal board space
- High-quality components - only the best will do when it comes to tone
- Road-ready design - ready to follow you wherever your playing takes you